Spring 2018 Programs
Join us for our Spring 2018 Programs! Registration deadline for all events is one week prior to the event, unless otherwise stated.
Poetry & Prayer
Spring credit course
This course is a two-day intensive, taught by Marilyn McEntryre, PhD, intended to invite reflection on the relationship between poetry and prayer and help cultivate reading and writing practices that may deepen appreciation of biblical poetry and fruitfully integrate poetry with worship and liturgy. Coursework will involve both critical and creative writing. UCB students are encouraged to cross-register into this course.
- Saturdays, February 3 and 10, 2018
- Pacific School of Religion, 1798 Scenic Ave, Berkeley / PSR6
- $150 / UCB students are encouraged to cross-register for this course
A Contemplative Lenten Retreat
Cosponsored with and held at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Led by New College Berkeley Executive Director and spiritual director, Susan Phillips (PhD). Participants stop and pay attention to God’s great love and truth, as expressed through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018
- First Presbyterian Church Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA / Room TBA
- $25 (materials, lunch not included.) UCB students are welcome free of charge
Rev. Earl Palmer Seminar – The Book of John
Cosponsored with and held at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Join the Rev. Earl Palmer for a day spent reflecting together on the key role that the Gospel of John plays in our discipleship as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA
Reel Faith Summer Film Series
Cosponsored with First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Includes a screening and discussion about how the film intersects with faith, led by a rotation of facilitators.
- Friday evenings, August 2018
- Time TBA
- First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA / Room TBA
- Free admission, no registration needed