Spring 2018 Programs
Join us for our Spring 2018 Programs! Registration deadline for all events is one week prior to the event, unless otherwise stated.
Rev. Earl Palmer Seminar – The Book of John
Cosponsored with and held at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Join the Rev. Earl Palmer for a day spent reflecting together on the key role that the Gospel of John plays in our discipleship as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA
Berkeley Palmer Lectureship / Leading Edge Biblical Scholarship
"The Temptation to Be Less Than Human" / Dr. Craig Barnes, President, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Saturday, May 5, 2018
- 7 pm
- First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley Sanctuary / 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA 94709
- Free admission for this inaugural lecture
- Student seminar Saturday afternoon (free admission / location TBA)
First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley and New College Berkeley are launching a new annual lectureship in honor of the Reverend Earl F. Palmer, pastor of First Presbyterian Church Berkeley from 1970 to 1991, and founding trustee of New College Berkeley. The Berkeley Palmer Lectureship will examine current biblical scholarships at the intersection of the Church and the Academy. This lectureship, beginning with the inaugural lecture on May 5, 2018, will bring the lens of biblical scholarship to issues of concern to the university, the seminary, and the church.
Reel Faith Summer Film Series
Cosponsored with First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley. Includes a screening and discussion about how the film intersects with faith, led by a rotation of facilitators.
- Friday evenings, August 2018
- Time TBA
- First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA / Room TBA
- Free admission, no registration needed